Make India a global Information Technology power and one of the largest generators and exporters of software in the world.
To boost software export and services from the country by promoting IT/ITES industry.
- To provide statutory and other promotional services to the exporters by implementing Software Technology Parks (STP)/ Electronics and Hardware Technology Parks (EHTP) Schemes and other such schemes which may be formulated and entrusted by the Government from time to time.
- To promote micro, small and medium entrepreneurs by creating conducive environment for entrepreneurship in the field of IT/ITES.
- To provide data communication services including value added services to IT / IT enabled Services (ITES) related industries.
- To promote the development and export of software and software services including Information Technology (IT) enabled services/ Bio‐IT.
Objectives are fulfilled through
- STP/EHTP Schemes: Implementation of STP/EHTP Schemes for IT/ITES industry
- Incubation Services:Creating conducive environment for IT/ITES SMEs by providing ready to work infrastructure.
- Data communication: Providing quality datacom services to IT/ITES industry with negligible down-time.
STPI Statutory Service Process-Time Frame
|Description of Service||Time Frame adopted in STPI(in days)|
Registration under STP Scheme
|- Issue of Letter of Permission||10|
|- Legal Undertaking-cum-endorsement of CG||3|
|- Issue of Green Card||2|
Renewal of Registration
|-Issue of letter of Permission||3|
|-Legal Undertaking-cum-endorsement of CG||3|
|-Issue of Green Card||same day|
Post Registration Amendments
|Enhancement of CG||2|
|Expansion of Location with endorsement of GC||2|
|Change of Location with endorsement of GC||5|
|Change of Name with endorsement of GC||2|
Capital Goods Related
|Indigeneous Procurement Certificate||2|
|NOC for Repair/Replacement of CG||2|
|Inter-Unit Transfer permission of CG||2|
|Destruction of CG||2|
|Donation of CG||2|
Export Related Activities
|Certification of SOFTEX||30|
|Sub Contracting Permission||5|
|DTA Sales Entitlement Permission||2|
Exit from STP Scheme
|Debonding of Location/Premises (complete)||5|
|De-bonding of Location (Partial)||2|
|Issue of Cheque against CST Reimbursement claim after||1|
|Receiving the Funds|
Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Dr. Devesh Tyagi, Senior Director
Software Technology Parks of India, An Autonomous Society under
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Plate – B, 1st Floor, Office Block – 1, East Kidwai Nagar, New Delhi - 110023+ 91-11-2462 8081devesh[at]stpi[dot]in
- STPI centers